Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tantrums!!!

I would have done endlessly when I was a kid but then how does it bother me…I wasn’t the victim there..I was the one doing them and am sure I gave my pa and mom one hell of a swell time…for I still continue to do so, once in a while. Trust me when I say this. :D

I am sure they would have felt like bashing me up a lot of times..and of those times, I remember one or two which actually made me feel so full of anger that I would shut my room up and not open it for hours altogether. Infact, I am not sure my parents knew then the aggressive/bad tempered brat I will someday turn into. While they always thought I was the most loving and caring daughter they had, they constantly have been trying to calm my nerves with their lecturing (!). Off late whenever I sit with my dad, the only thing he talks to me is about not stressing my life with so many things on plate and controlling my temperament. There would be people around me who would swear by god that they have never seen me angry…yet the closest of them would keep a distance off…playing it safe not to get me to my worst. Hello? Why are we talking about my negatives today? And even if we are, why am I so keenly into it, initiating it at the first place?
Thanks to a friend and my dad, I have been introspecting…both in lines of what he said to me as well as this. I wouldn’t want to always keep talking about myself…but hey…this is one space where I actually can!

However, this posty wasn’t to talk about my tantrums early in the morning, specially when it is a festival of colorful colors…(HAPPY HOLI folks…)…but it SURE is meant to express what I feel of what I saw yesterday. TANTRUMS – at their best!!! And guess who do they come from? Choti Mishi.

Mishi has started throwing tantrums big time and yesterday, she managed to shock me completely and all. Both I and Manish did not know how to handle her for the first time. You know it was like…there was a little monster inside of her that would just surface each time she passed through a toy shop or an icecream-parlour, or see pepsi, coke, chips etc. She behaved in the most erratic manners and for the first time, I was so upset with what I saw. I know this won’t last forever and every kid does this and that and much more AND the fact that with time she will calm down, sober down…but what if she doesn’t…what if she turns out to be another me? I see myself in her when she clenches her teeth and says ‘Mumma..Mujhe bahut gussa aa raha hai’. My doll, my precious little angel…I wish you would listen to me and not turn out to be like Mommy who never listened to anyone. It never did any good to me…so while you can help yourself, please do..and I hope you read this when it is the right time. I love you very much and it hurts when I think you would also feel the way I do..if there is so much boiling inside. Take it out on me…and remember..am always around you…God bless…as I write this, my doll sleeps besides me…waiting for her to wake up so that we can play holi and make life more colorful than it already is…
Cheers and spread the colors…

8 comments:

Kshitiz Anand said...

Somehow this post made me nostalgic. I started to remember a lot about my childhood, which was a lot different. I think someday when I have a bit more time in hand, I will write more about it.

I love it when kids do these tantrums. and reading the second part of your post made me senti also for a while...

Happy Holi to you and entire family.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of my daughter as well..I burst into tears when she does that....now I know how my mom felt when I threw tantrums at her..

Happy Holi to u and family

Rinku

Unknown said...

Another two things
First-your dad and your friend are absolutely correct....remember not to miss out on the entire forest while concentrating on a few trees
Second-MISHI is an adorable darling...uske tantrums sar ankhon par-have the privilege of witnessing one with Manish the last time I was there-with you as her mom and Manish as Dad...why worry-enjoy her tantrums while you can....she's gonna grow up as you did-and you turned out pretty good-GOD BLESS

That was it... said...

Kshitij...:-) Would love to hear your part as well...hope you had a great holi...

Rinku...welcome to my space...great to hear from you...even I realize how my mommy would have felt...hope you had a great holi...keep in touch..

Doc...I won't forget..besides I have you by my side to always remind me of lighter things in life, which are much more meaningful. :-) and thanks...I know your fondness for her!! Don't know about myself, but Manu is a great dad...just the kinds I wanted for my daughter. :-)

Rinku said...

Mona,

Was looking for the right opportunity to thank you...thought let's just do it today...it was you who inspired me to start my own space now...when I started didn't know what to do with it....but I guess with time the flow came along....

Cheers

Rinku

Rinku said...

www.rinaya-theangels.blogspot.com

Rinku

Sakshi said...

C'mon.. how can you get upset with her tantrums... enjoy them!
I was discussing something similar with my sis-in-law a couple of days back....and I know its easier said than done, but you don't have many options I guess :)
Btw, I don't see any harm at all in Mishi becoming like you...you are a wonderful human...
Good luck!

That was it... said...

Hey Rinku..thanks..will go through your blog sometime soon...

Sakshi...thank you..you have to spend more time with me to think am a good human..lolz..