Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Choti Mishi & Big World

Another submission done finally…. The day after a submission is so dull and free. When you are in the final stage of submission, life is eventful and busy like hell with an email every minute. And postfacto, there is silence. Suddenly there is no email in your inbox and you keep hitting the ‘Send-receive’ button, waiting for an email. :-) )

When I started the quarter, I did it with a bang – promising and defining my benchmarks. Towards the end of the quarter, I don’t feel I have achieved much yet. With just about 4 days to a close, I wake up, and that too, because I get a breather to think about those. Too late to work on any of those but still not too late to at least initiate them. As is said ‘Better late than never’.

And now the personal front…

With a zombie state yet (2 days of distressed sleep), I went with Choti Mishi today for her orientation program at her school. My little Mishi’s first day in the BIG school. Did not realize when time just flew by. The new surroundings, the environment, everything around her is going to be different from what it used to be in pre-school years. With less of attention and emotional support from teachers in the school, with an aim to make children become more independent, it is a new phase for her as well as us. We could see her sitting in the classroom with a curious and strange look…trying to absorb the newness. While Manish was insistent we stand and be there for sometime, I coaxed him to leave and we came out of the school. Let our girl deal with the new world herself, the way she wants to. Needless to say, we stand by, at all times.

There seemed a lot of logistical issues to us – the school does not have transport coming to this side of the world where we live. The private transport does not allow anything but a maruti van since there ain’t many kids from this side. We not keen on the van and proposing a bus. It was all so confusing.

For almost an hour in Barista, I and Manish sat with confused minds – at a point we almost decided to get her admitted to another school near to our place, where there also would be a daycare facility. I guess it was in a spur and like all parents, we got nervous too. But we thought over it and decided to wait for sometime. Changing places and schools may not be the best thing to do.

We then went to a day care and liked it instantly for the thoughts that were shared with us. When you know there are people who understand the kid’s psychology and know how to deal with it, you feel secure yourself as parents, which is what happened with me and Manish. Good, at least one place that we liked for Mili. Rest should fall in place too with time. I hope she gets used to the surroundings – it is too much for a little heart and mind – changing house, changing school and then changing daycare. Baby, hope you adjust to all of these. All this in an attempt to settle down, though it seems so unsettling at the moment. But I know you will. Cheers and good luck angel. A new life begins for you – a new phase.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manish & you should take as much time as is needed to take the best decision for Aanchal (which I am pretty sure you guys will do).

& I am sure the strong kid that Aanchal is, she will be able to settle quickly into the new changes in her life.

Cheers

Kshitiz Anand said...

Thats a thoughtful post..

One of the things I will love to know at some point in my life is what my parents were going through when they put me in my first school.. which was a boarding school far away from home..at the age 5.
There were situations at home, that required this step.. but i am sure just as all parents, there was a myriad of emotions that they were going through..

I remember the first time in school even to this date! The view from the hills.. the night lights of the city way below in the plains..

Someday some years later, I am sure Mili would talk about that same one thing which she really liked at school at first sight.

I do get confused at times with the multitude of names floating around..Aanchal, Mili, Mishi, Choti .. i guess its all the same person.. correct me if I am wrong.

That was it... said...

:-) Thanks Murari...milo is ladki se phir bolo ki strong hai...chui mui hai bilkul...so different from her (Ahem) strong mommy!

Kshitij...am sure they indeed went through countless emotions..it is hard to send your kid to a boarding far away. But I must say 'hats off to them'....and they sure must have made a right decision for the best of your interest. Ask them sometime, though! Sooner or later, my kiddo will go to a boarding - I strongly believe in that concept.
And yeah...it's the same person..there are more names..."nanoo, naina, guchu, gampoo, chona, guddan'...aur jaane kya kya...:- )) ye hai MAA ka PYAAR.

Unknown said...

Ahem...strong mommy indeed-don't underestimate ur Mishi....she's ur daughter-I have great expectations of her because I know her mom well-yup,good luck angels because the road u all embark on is new....and soon it will be college time...someone somewhere - please stop the clock.....TIME-has it ever stopped-enjoy with your little angel-GOD BLESS,always

That was it... said...

Doc...ok, agreed. But let's wait for time to decide that up for us. And its time you got your share of the exposure wrt Rishi..:-)

Kshitiz Anand said...

:) love that series of names!

That was it... said...

:-) thank you...